Medigap Insurance Quote Forms
Get a quote fast! Click any of the following links to get quick, accurate and affordable rates. Even apply online for most products!
Medigap Insurance Information
Medicare Supplement, or Medigap, is a plan sold by private insurance companies to fill in the coverage gaps and deductibles that Original Medicare does not cover. For instance, if Medicare covers 80 percent of a doctor’s visit, a Medigap plan can cover the remaining 20 percent. With Medicare Supplement, there is little additional cost to you for health care beyond your premium.
Medigap policies are standardized and regulated by law. This means that each company must offer the same plans (Parts A-N) with the only difference being the price. However, prices can vary widely between companies. We can help you weed through the options to find the right provider with the right price for you.
What should you know about Medicare Supplements?
Medigap policies are available to anyone enrolled in Part A and Part B (hospital and medical insurance) of Medicare. Open enrollment, a time frame in which you cannot be declined coverage, begins the first day of the month when you are both 65 or older and enrolled in Medicare Part B. This six-month window of opportunity is the best time to purchase your Medigap policy.
Your Medigap premium will be an additional charge on top of your Medicare Part B premium (ther is no premium for Part A for most people), and in return you will receive more comprehensive coverage for your health care needs. If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C), be sure to cancel your coverage before your Medigap policy begins. You can not have a Medicare Advantage Plan and a Medigap Plan at the same time.
Why do you need a Medicare Supplement?
It is important to remember that Medicare does not completely cover your health care costs. A supplemental plan ensures a broader range of coverage so your out-of-pocket costs for the services you receive will be limited. A low monthly premium will give you peace of mind as your need for health care grows.
Contact us today to learn more about the 10 Medigap plans and what they can offer you. We will gladly answer any questions and help you select the plan that best meets your needs.